Saturday, December 25, 2021

25 Days of Christmas Decorations - Day #25 A Nativity Triptych

A Nativity Triptych

As an advent gift to the readers of my blog, I have posted Christmas decorations every day for 25 days.  I hope these Christmas decorations have brightened your day and brought joy to your home.  It has been a pleasure to make them and share them with you all.  I wish each and everyone a very Merry Christmas Day.

The final decoration is a triptych which is a picture with three panels which are hinged together and typically used as an altarpiece. I think this final decoration is an appropriate finale to my 25 day journey of creating holiday decorations.

Here is the PDF file. I used Neenah brand 65 lb metallic cardstock from Office Depot.

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG.

The panels are easy to assemble as there are tabs on the first and third panels which get glued to the second panel.  Each panel has a frame that is glued to both sides on this panel.  This was done to give the triptych support to prevent buckling. I recommend using a fairly new blade and mat for cutting this design.

First Panel

Second Panel - the angels have 3D wings that are glued on.  Two gold stars are glued to both sides of the panel.

Third Panel

Top View to show3D angel wings.

Merry Christmas and a have a Blessed Day.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these ideas and the cut files too. I really appreciate the time you have taken ho put them together and your generosity in sharing them too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I am trying to download the svg file but it only shows one panel. How do you get all three panels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SVG file is in its entirety. Zoom out and you will see the rest of the file.

      Delete