Friday, December 3, 2021

25 Days of Christmas Decorations - Day #3 - A Nativity Tea Light or Treat Box

A Nativity Tea Light or Treat Box.  

The box is illuminated with a multicolor tea light from Dollar Tree.

As an advent gift to the readers of my blog, I will be posting Christmas decorations every day for the next 25 days.  I hope these Christmas decorations will brighten your day and bring joy to your home.

Today's decoration is a nativity tea light or treat box. 

Here is the PDF file. I  used Neenah brand 65 lb White Silver metallic cardstock from Office Depot. I also used velum for the interior of the box. I recommend using overcut to cut out this design as the intricate pieces might not cut out correctly.  

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG.

Fold all of the dotted lines as shown above.

Glue the vellum to the inside of the box. Allow the glue to dry before moving to the next step.

Fold the halves into the dovetail piece.

'
Slide the remaining tab into the bottom.  I did not glue the bottom.

Apply glue to the side tab and adhere to the side of the box.  Allow the glue to dry before continuing.

Slide the two tabs into one another.

Apply Glue Dots to the tab.  If you do not have Glue Dots, you can tape the handles together or use a pretty festive ribbon.

Completed Tea Light Box

Wishing everyone a blessed holiday season.

2 comments: