Friday, December 10, 2021

25 Days of Christmas Decorations - Day #10 - Origami Christmas Tree, Chinese Lantern and Paper Chain

Origami Christmas Tree, Chinese Lantern and Paper Chain

 As an advent gift to the readers of my blog, I will be posting Christmas decorations every day for the next 25 days.  I hope these Christmas decorations will brighten your day and bring joy to your home.

Today's decorations are an origami Christmas tree, paper chain and Chinese lantern.  Each of these designs are reminiscent of my childhood.  These designs can easily be cut out by hand as I did when I was a child. 

Here is the PDF file.  I use 30 lb. vellum because it is a sturdy paper that doesn't tear easily.

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG.

Alternate a mountain and valley fold.  The mountain fold should have the five slashes in the paper.

Fold each of the five slashes into a triangle. The triangles will be facing you.  Repeat for each of the eight sections.

Completed Origami Christmas tree

Fold the Chinese lantern in half lengthwise.

Bring the two side edges together and apply glue to the last strip on one side.  Adhere to the other side.

Glue the handle onto each side of the lantern. The Chinese lantern is 2 1/2 inches tall.

The paper chain is a series of intertwined strips of paper that are glued together.

No comments:

Post a Comment