Sunday, April 7, 2024

A STEM Project: Making a 4 x 4 Inch or a 5 x 7 Inch Paper Picture Frame

A 5 x 7 Inch Paper Picture Frame with an embroidery design created in TurtleStitch 

A 4 x 4 Inch Paper Picture Frame with an embroidery design created in TurtleStitch 

I love creating embroidery designs in TurtleStitch and I created this picture frame to display them.  I made two picture frames to accommodate the 4 x 4 inch and the 5 x 7 inch embroidery hoop size. The picture frames are cut with an electronic paper cutter and easily assembled. (For my paper crafting friends, this frame can be used for pictures that were taken with your cell phone and printed on photo paper on your printer.) 

Here is the PDF.  I used 65 lb cardstock.

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG. The file goes beyond the viewable area.  Zoom out to see the entire file.

Make the Picture Frame 

Choose the size of the picture frame needed and cut the picture frame pieces.

 Crease the back of the picture frame and apply glue to the edge as shown above.  Adhere the back of the picture frame to the front center of the ornate frame.

Cut the embroidery design using the frame mount piece as a template. The frame mount piece can be cut from cardboard or from foam board if desired for a more rigid structure. I floated my embroidery design on top of the frame mount piece. Insert the embroidery design into the back slot of the picture frame.
The masterpieces are now ready to be hung up and displayed.
 I used a couple of Glue Dots to hang up my picture frame.

 

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour, Merci beaucoup pour vos différentes créations que j'apprécie particulièrement, elles me permettent d'utiliser ma machine silhouette facilement . Fabienne, (France).

    ReplyDelete