Saturday, December 19, 2020

My Favorite Pop-Up Rubber Band Snowman

Pop-Up Rubber Band Snowman

Video of the Snowman popping out of the envelope.

This Snow Man Rubber Band Pop-Up makes a fun surprise for the recipient as the snowman pops up out of the envelope when it is removed. The stored energy in the rubber band, when the rubber band was stretched and placed in the envelope, causes the snowman to pop-up. This is the largest pop-up that I have ever made and I think it looks great! It is 6 1/2 inches tall.

The base of this design is a triamond triangular bicupola from from my blog post https://papercraftetc.blogspot.com/2020/02/a-stem-project-rubber-band-polyhedron.html
Using this as the base, I embellished it to create this pop-up. 

Here is the PDF. I used Neenah brand 65 lb WhiteGold metallic cardstock from Office Depot, 65 lb. foil cardstock from Michaels and a single sheet of American Craft Christmas paper from Joanns for the envelope. This Snow Man Pop-Up can fit it an A4 envelope.

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG.


The rubber bands vary in size with the largest being 1.375 inches. 

Glue one side with the slot and insert a rubber band.  Make sure the glue is allowed to dry.

Glue the other three sides and open up the flaps. Allow the glue to dry.

Attach the rubber band.  Glue the remaining two sides.  If the rubber band is too tight the side will collapse inward.  I recommend testing the rubber band before closing the sides.

Apply glue to two largest pieces.

Stack and align the sides.  Apply pressure until the glue adheres,

Completed snowman

Embellish the Snowman with a pop-up top hat and other accouterments.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how fun! My friends that are my age, will probably have heart attacks! This will be tons of fun for the youngsters though! Thank you so much for the great file and great assembly directions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I don’t want to give anyone a heart attack! Glad that you like my design. Thank you for your wonderful comments. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

      Delete