Wednesday, November 10, 2021

A Thanksgiving Accordion Turkey Pop-Up Card

A Thanksgiving Accordion Turkey Pop-Up Card

I created this Thanksgiving pop-up card with an accordion mechanism.  The turkey's feathers will fan out to show its beauty when the card is opened.

When folded flat, the card fits in an A4 envelope.

I used gold vellum paper for the turkey. I do not recommend cardstock as the thicker paper will be too bulky when folded. I used gold foil cardstock for the letters and the base of the card.  The colored cardstock background was from the DCWV Wild Field collection.

Here is the PDF. 

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG.

Accordion fold the turkey feathers.

Glue the tabs of both turkey feathers to the base.

Insert the turkey body into the two tabs on either side and glue down the tabs on the underside of the base.

Apply glue to the feather tabs.  Do not glue to the turkey body.

Side view of the turkey.

Apply glue to the base and attach the second scalloped base.

Add the embellishments to the base.

The card can be folded in half.

Front view

Top view

Side view

5 comments:

  1. You are a brilliant man, I admire your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, thanks so very much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful design. I love the detail you added to the turkey feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some years ago i made something like this as a card, only that was a peacock. I like this one too, very much. Thank you for the template.

    Grietje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny that you mention the peacock. I was thinking of changing the turkey into a peacock. Right now, I am making Christmas decorations. Maybe sometime next year, I will make a peacock.

    ReplyDelete