Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A Scarecrow Halloween Diorama


A Scarecrow Halloween Diorama 

Five scenes are attached together with tabs to create this Scarecrow Halloween diorama.

My granddaughter was fascinated by my Halloween scarecrow decorations on my hall table so I decided to make a fun diorama with a scarecrow for her. The scarecrow is on a fence post with three crows visiting him.  A gnarly old tree is in the foreground with a sunflower growing on a broken trellis. A kitty with a curled tail is looking at a spider that is hanging down from a mail box. Two Jack O' Lanterns complete the Halloween scene.

This Diorama is put together with eight tabs which slide into the side of each scene.

A Side View

I  used Neenah brand 65 lb Champagne Pearl metallic cardstock from Office Depot, a sheet of DCWV  paper from a paper pad named Halloween Party from Joanns. I recommend using a new blade and overcut to cut out this design as the intricate pieces might not cut out correctly.   I do not recommend a brand new mat because the delicate cuts will stick to the mat and rip when removing them.

Here is the PDF.

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG.


To assemble the diorama, pretty paper is glued on top of the first slice.  Two tabs are glued together to make a sturdy tab that will not warp when inserted into the slices. The eight tabs are then slid into the sides of the diorama. 

2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable creation! Thank you so much for sharing it. Now, if I can just manage to cut it out and put it together, after all, you have already done all the real work. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to create something very similar to this as a family tree for my grandkids. I was unsuccessful. Perhaps you could come up with something with that idea in mind! There is nothing you make that I don’t love!! Thank you for all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete