Saturday, January 27, 2024

A Valentine Card Made With An Image Created By AI

 

A Valentine Card Made With An Image Created By AI

The Cupid and the birds were created with Dall-E, an artificial intelligence program that generates designs based on text criteria given to it.

In a previous blog posting https://papercraftetc.blogspot.com/2024/01/a-new-way-of-designing-papercrafts-with.html, I mentioned that I created designs with Dall-E 3.  The Cupid and the birds in my Valentine card were created with this program.  I now have a dilemma, how do I present my work?  The majority of the design was created by me but I used AI, for two elements of it, the bird and Cupid.  I did have to point edit the Cupid to get a continuous path.  The birds, however, I kept the same. Can I say that I made the card or do I now have to share my work and say it was AI that made it too? Will readers of my blog now doubt my work and think that AI has done the design each time I produce something, even if that is not true? It is a real world question.  Can we now believe our eyes and ears as to how something was produced or said? Does it matter if a human produces something or artificial intelligence produces it? Artificial Intelligence poses a lot of new questions and challenges. 

All Philosophical questions aside, here is the Valentine card in PDF form. I used Neenah brand 65 lb White Gold metallic cardstock from Office Depot.  

Here is the .Studio file.

Here is the SVG. The file goes beyond the viewable area.  Zoom out to see the entire file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PGTYagb5lgVB7Bu8TQtBaAyMFqwXu6Ua/view?usp=sharing


Inside of Card
Back Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment