Saturday, December 1, 2018

VW Love Bug Ornament for the Christmas Tree

VW Love Bug Christmas Ornament with a string hangar on top.

I made a VW Love Bug for my Christmas tree.  This three inch model reminds me of the time that a friend drove me in his VW Bug with a hole in the floor on the passenger side. The hole was so big that I could see the pavement speeding by at 50 mph. It was a wild ride!

The curved tire well pieces are a little hard to put together.  I recommend curving all the pieces to their final form and then gluing them tab by tab.  It is a little tedious but it works.

I used cardstock for the model and shiny vinyl for the peace flowers.

Here is the PDF.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17lP_S01WW1vbDrCOHJBj3Wg-h5LRV2Ny/view?usp=sharing

Here is the .Studio file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-KRolmGfNzAuGPOX3w-8G6SFzdhdjC_/view?usp=sharing

Here is the SVG.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17ZJq-nqMWRNfU22P5YREH_8gFiP5LOwV/view?usp=sharing

 The bumpers are glued on just the ends



 undercarriage 

Prototype without the string hangar




4 comments:

  1. I think I remember a similar story about the VW bug in my family, too. I love the this bug and the peace van. Is there anyway I can get an svg for both of these projects? Thank you for posting so many of your projects. I just discovered your blog today and have already added a few of your crafts to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the SVG files as you requested.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I’m going to add these to my father’s gift. I know he’ll love them.

      Delete
    3. I am so happy to have hear that he will enjoy them!

      Delete